Exercise of the Month
BOSU Ball Plank
A BOSU ball is an exercise tool that can turn simple exercise into a challenging and effective workout. This month, challenge your balance and core strength as we give you the plank, BOSU ball style!
- Start in the push-up position, with your chest over the center of the BOSU and the round side of the BOSU facing up.
- Your body should be in a straight line with your core engaged; your hips should not sag toward the floor.
- Lower yourself onto your forearms, placing both elbows in the center of the BOSU. Check to make sure your are keeping your shoulders over your elbows.
- Keep your core tight and control your breathing as you hold this position for 45-60 seconds. After a short rest, repeat this exercise.
- For an added challenge, try lifting one leg to hip height and hold that position for 30 seconds, then alternate sides.
Please remember that safety should be your first priority when working out. If you are a beginner, please ask one of our Fitness Specialists to help ensure proper form.
For other exercise tips, schedule a session with one of our Personal Trainers or contact Brian Balkam at (847) 535-7621.