Exercise of the Month
This exercise helps elevate your heart rate, works your core to stabilize your body and improves hip flexion. Hip flexion is an important area to target for running and walking—especially as you age.
- Start with a 45-degree angle, both hands flat on a bench and feet on the ground.
- Keep your shoulders, core and hips parallel with the bench as you flex from your hip and drive your knee to your chest.
- Next, alternate your legs and increase the speed while keeping your core engaged and shoulders stabilized.
- Try this for 30 to 45 seconds three times.
- Too easy? Try using a stability ball or BOSU in place of the bench.
For other exercise tips, schedule a session with one of our Personal Trainers or contact Brian Balkam at (847) 535-7621.