Whether this is your first time joining a club or you are a veteran gym-goer, please follow the Lindenhurst Health & Fitness Center etiquette guidelines below to help make everyone’s workout experience the best it can be.
Make sure that you're dressed appropriately and safely for your workout. Be sure to wear appropriate footwear, including clean athletic gym shoes. Group exercise participants are required to wear shoes or sandals to and from classes.
Be considerate of those around you and be sure to put on deodorant before your workout. Please don't load up on heavy perfumes or colognes—some scents can be offensive or may cause problems for those with asthma or allergies. Please do not spit on the track or in the water fountain.
- Machine Usage
Be respectful of others when using fitness equipment. There is a 30-minute limit on cardiovascular machines during busy times.
- Sharing Equipment
Someone may be waiting in line to use a machine, so please be mindful and offer to take turns using the equipment.
Although our Fitness Staff cleans regularly, please remember to wipe down your equipment with the provided sanitary wipes. Clean the handles, the seat and the back—anything that you've touched. It is important to dispose of dirty towels in the gray bins provided in all exercise areas.
- Returning Workout Equipment
When you've finished using equipment such as dumbbells, stability balls and mats, put them back where they belong. This includes taking free weights off of bars and machines. Please do not drop or slam the weights.
- Cell Phones
Technology is not allowed in the locker rooms! This includes cell phones, laptops and notepads. The use of cell phones is also prohibited in all exercise areas including the track. Please look for cell phone designated areas to utilize your phone.
Be aware of your volume level. Keep your voice and your music low so you do not disturb others.
- Club Hours
Be courteous of club hours and plan your workout accordingly. For example, if the club closes at 10:00 p.m., members must leave the facility by 10:00 p.m. Please be sure to exit through the main entrance of the facility.
- Underage Members
Members ages 13 or 14 that have completed our Youth Certification must be accompanied by an adult or Personal Trainer while using the facility.
- Fitness Orientation
Please do not skip the Fitness Orientation. We want you to use the equipment properly in order to get the greatest benefit from your workout.
- Personal Trainers
Personal trainers are available for all fitness levels and during most times of the day. Please direct all fitness questions to the Fitness Floor Staff when Personal Trainers are working one-on-one with clients. Members are not allowed to bring in trainers who are not employed by Lindenhurst Health & Fitness Center.
Thank you for following the below track etiquette guidelines for the safety of all members.
- Inside lane is designated for walking and those who might need assistance by holding onto the railing.
- Outside lane is designated for running.
- Exercise caution when entering track from elevator. We have provided safety mirrors to assist you.
- When changing lanes on the track, be cautious of others around who might be going at a different speed than you. Keep this in mind when entering or exiting track, as well.
- Pay attention to daily track direction. Signs are posted just off the elevator and at the top of the stairwell.
- Stay in the two outside lanes if you are participating in a group class or performing an exercise around the track.
- Be observant and cautious of those who need to enter or exit at the track level if you are using the stairs for exercise purposes.
- For your convenience, we have placed tall gray bins for used towels along multiple areas of the track.
- Put away any equipment that you may use and do not attach anything to the railings.
- Jumping rope is not allowed on the track. Jumping rope is allowed in our functional areas and TRX area on the fitness floor.
Pool/Lap Pool Usage
Be respectful of other swimmers. Lap lanes will be reserved during posted aquatic classes and private swim lessons. Sharing lap lanes is encouraged and is a commonly accepted practice during peak hours. Please address the current swimmer politely.
Download the PDF version of our Member Etiquette Guidelines.
For any questions about these guidelines or your membership, please call a membership advisor at (847) 535-7610 or contact us.